Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Facebook is like the Chatterbox Cafe on the Internet

I'm Just Wondering when the pundits and critics of social networks will realize that they are the digital equal of a local Cafe for our insane, crazy and fragmented world called The New Milennium.

For me, Facebook has been like Garrison Keeler's "Chatterbox Cafe" in Lake Wobegon.

I'm running into old friends and people I haven't heard from in years... ALL PRECIOUS AND MISSED... and hearing about the woes of rearing toddlers and cold, windy days and the sadness of family loss and economic struggles. I also hear the giggles and joy over a great chocolate ice cream dish, or the wonder discovered in a spring flower breaking through the ground.

Every day that passes, I realize the THE most important and precious thing on this planet are people... like in the movie Cosmos, "the only thing that makes the loneliness bearable is each other!"

Come join Facebook, pull up a chair and chat in!

No comments:

Post a Comment