Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm Just Wondering opener 05Feb09

Opener 5 Feb 09

Well... I've been pining to have an avenue to post some random thoughts and stuff as I trip through a very complicated world now swirling in chaos and confusion.

The New Mellennium has turned into the Great Global Crash... hear we go!

The purpose of "I'm Just Wondering" is not to rant or rave or attack... but to wonder "why we do what we are doing?"... to probe areas of assumption and praxis that may have become "the way it's done" without analysis or discussion of the results and outcomes...

It will look at missions, ministry, music, worship, world affairs, church and the people who call themselves as "Christian".

I'm Just Wondering will strive to ask uncomfortable questions that may not currently have answers.

A few years ago, while on a 'what to do with my life' prayer retreat, I was heavily struck by the following verse:

Isaiah 55

1 "Come, all you who are thirsty,
come to the waters;
and you who have no money,
come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
without money and without cost.
2 Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good,
and your soul will delight in the richest of fare.
3 Give ear and come to me;
hear me, that your soul may live.
I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
my faithful love promised to David.

Check out verse 2... spending our resources (time, talent and treasure.. and Jack Hayford would say...) on things that do not satisfy... satisfy what? Our real, fundamental needs. The real and fundamental needs of others. Not wants or selfish, sinful desires. Oxygen, protein, light and water.

This blog will be looking for a City... as Hebrews Ch 11 V10 says,
10 ...looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.

your pesky traveling companion,
crisbaj

chris@bajmission.com

No comments:

Post a Comment